The Used Discuss Leaving Warner Bros Records
The Used left Warner Bros Records in order to release their new album on their own label alongside Hopeless Records, and Bert McCracken from the band has now discussed leaving Warner. You can check out the full interview here and read a snippet of it below by clicking “Read More.”
Would you have stayed with Warner if you had the choice?
I like to say it like we felt like we got dumped when we had been trying to break up with our girlfriend for years [laughs].
Do you think if they kept you, then you couldn’t be bothered to fight to get off the label and you would’ve just stayed with them?
They’d already picked up the option for our fifth record. So they’d already given us money to stat making the record and then dropped us. So I think we would’ve made this record with them and it would have been a nightmare, just like the last one [2009’s ‘Artwork’]. I mean, we really started to butt heads towards the end. They wanted to get really involved in the creative side and kind of killed a lot of the passion in the last record for me. A lot of the songs that I really enjoyed in the beginning, it fell to pieces the more the suits got involved.
- thatspacecowgirl likes this
- itsindinotindie reblogged this from propertyofzack
- riverscu0m0 likes this
- highwayexits reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- buriedbeneaththeocean reblogged this from propertyofzack
- theyalwaysremember likes this
- rayneoftherisingsun likes this
- stellavee reblogged this from propertyofzack
- propertyofzack posted this