Motion City Soundtrack will be releasing Go in June, and Justin Pierre from the band recently sat down with MTV to discuss the new record. Check out a snippet of what Pierre had to say below by clicking “Read More.”
What can we expect from the new Motion City Soundtrack album,Go?
JUSTIN: Being in the band and being inside of it, it’s harder to look at things from a totally objective point of view. But… I would say there’s more of an indie rock sound to it when compared to our other work. We were no longer on Columbia Records, we had no label, we just wanted to make a record and take our time doing it. We did it in our hometown — Josh and myself live in Minneapolis. We had a producer and friend, Ed Ackerson, who runs Flowers Studio, and we had done a couple of acoustic/alternative EPs with him where we would show up with a handful of instruments and no idea what we were going to do. And then within five days, we had five songs.
We wanted to take that experience and do that with a full-length record. Without going into gory details, we spent a sixth of the budget that we had on the last record and like twice the time in this studio in Minneapolis, and we just had a blast with no sort of people to answer to or anything. We just wrote songs. We did it all on our own dime. It’s kind of thrilling and scary to know that you’re responsible for everything, financially as well as artistically.
- motioncitytrainwreck reblogged this from motioncityblogtrack
- motioncityblogtrack reblogged this from propertyofzack
- lostcassettetapes likes this
- alixcyral reblogged this from weaklymotioncitysoundtrack
- weaklymotioncitysoundtrack reblogged this from justspitcasually
- justspitcasually reblogged this from propertyofzack
- convinced-im-wrong likes this
- the-mermaid-that-could likes this
- kevhatesyou reblogged this from propertyofzack
- heymeg likes this
- goddamn1t reblogged this from propertyofzack
- heavythehead reblogged this from propertyofzack
- kevinandkirk reblogged this from propertyofzack
- headsinheaven reblogged this from propertyofzack
- propertyofzack posted this