PropertyOfZack Joins BuzzMedia; Partners With AbsolutePunk, Others To Create AbsoluteVoices
Nearly three years ago, PropertyOfZack started as a small shot in the dark in order keep myself informed about the bands I loved while discovering new ones. What I didn’t know was that in no time at all we would be keeping you informed, and the PropertyOfZack team has loved doing it. That being said, it brings us great excitement and pride to announce that PropertyOfZack has been acquired by BuzzMedia, a digital media publisher that powers some phenomenal properties like AbsolutePunk, Spin, Stereogum, Hype Machine, and now PropertyOfZack in addition to PunkNews, Under The Gun Review, and Alter The Press!.
What does that mean for the future of PropertyOfZack? It means good things. The door that we’ve been pushing open for years has now been kicked down with the help of BuzzMedia, and we’re excited to bring the future of the site to you. A new design, a few new kickass features, among many other things, are coming and we can’t wait to bring you along for the ride. So get ready!
And on a side note, I would love to give a giant thank you to Emily Coch, a founding member of the website that has helped construct and format what we do today, Jason Tate, AbsolutePunk’s mysterious leader that has provided the largest and most unexpected helping hand I could have asked for, Bill and Jeff at BuzzMedia, our kind friends in and surrounding Man Overboard, press agencies such as Earshot Media, Big Picture Media, and Another Reybee Production, our dedicated and incredible #TeamPOZ, the helping hands along the way, and of course, all of our readers who have made any of this possible.
Thank you, and lets get back to our busy day of news and content.
LOS ANGELES (August 27, 2012): Digital media publisher BUZZMEDIA (www.buzz-media.com) today announced the acquisition of authentic, go-to punk rock sites Under The Gun Review, Alter The Press! and PropertyOfZack. These three sites will join forces with BUZZMEDIA’s AbsolutePunk (www.absolutepunk.net), the definitive source for punk rock news, and the also-acquired Punknews.org, and roll up under a new suite of online punk music properties titled AbsoluteVoices.
AbsolutePunk will serve as a central hub to the broader AbsoluteVoices publishing group, expanding its robust editorial offerings, while bringing a wider variety of perspectives and in-depth music coverage to its extensive reader base and fan community.
“AbsoluteVoices puts a spotlight on some of the most unique and up-and-coming voices in punk rock reporting and brings them to AbsolutePunk.net, which over the years has become the largest online gathering place for the punk rock fan community,” said Bill Jensen, BUZZMEDIA vice president and general manager of music. “Thirty years later, American youth still passionately identify with the intensity and forward-thinking music and style of punk.”
Each of the AbsoluteVoices properties brings a distinct point of view and reporting style to punk and alternative rock news coverage:
- Punknews.org, founded in 1998, is one of the pioneers in online music news and fan community-building around punk, ska, hardcore, emo, metal and indie genres;
- PropertyOfZack is the leading punk destination on Tumblr, and promotes the best known and breaking bands on the pop-punk spectrum through in-depth interviews, reviews and exclusive content;
- Alter The Press! is an online alternative music publication featuring exclusive video content including acoustic sessions and live recorded features; album and song streams; and the latest news, interviews and reviews with today’s relevant artists;
- Under The Gun Review covers entertainment for today’s generation, expanding beyond alternative music to film and standup comedy.
“Through AbsoluteVoices, we’re bringing together four of the most exciting sites in the punk rock scene and helping them do what they do best: report on music in their own unique voices,” said Jason Tate, AbsolutePunk founder. “AbsolutePunk is the largest punk music destination on the Web, with an active community. These sites will now lend their distinct and authoritative voices to the conversation.”
"Punknews.org has always had a great relationship with BUZZMEDIA,” said Punknews.org founder and editor Aubin Paul. “They have worked hard to make sure we have everything we need to build great content and great communities while respecting and encouraging our independence. It couldn’t be a better fit.”
AbsolutePunk continues to be the leader in its category and, since 2000, has reported from the front lines of punk rock music discovery, being among the first to report about then-emerging acts including Blink 182, Yellowcard, Brand New, Something Corporate, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco.
The acquisitions come on the heels of recent deals announced by BUZZMEDIA including the acquisition of SPIN Media. BUZZMEDIA’s existing suite of leading music properties establish them as the fourth largest digital publisher of original music content in the U.S. in terms of reach, alongside MTV, Yahoo! Music and AOL Music, according to comScore*.
*”Original Music Content” category as custom-defined by BUZZMEDIA. BUZZMEDIA defines an “original music content publisher” as a publisher within the comScore Entertainment-Music category who creates original digital content focused on music reporting and criticism. Ranking is based on May 2012 comScore data release.
BUZZMEDIA is the leader in pop culture and millennial audience reach, with more than 120 million monthly unique visitors and one in four millennials in the U.S. every month. BUZZMEDIA publishes more than 40 authoritative brands whose voices define categories and culture, including SPIN, Celebuzz, Stereogum, Videogum, Buzznet, TheSuperficial, Idolator, PureVolume, Hype Machine, AbsolutePunk, What Would Tyler Durden Do?, SocialiteLife, Go Fug Yourself, Just Jared, Pink is the New Blog, Gorilla vs. Bear, RCRD LBL, TheFrisky!, Concrete Loop, Brooklyn Vegan and Punknews. As measured by comScore, BUZZMEDIA is the largest digital publisher in Entertainment News and the fourth largest digital publisher of original music content in the U.S. BUZZMEDIA uses its massive reach, deep audience engagement and understanding of the young adult audience to provide customized, innovative marketing and advertising solutions across its branded properties.
Julie Nicholson, Weber Shandwick
- chorusfm likes this
- rkdfind likes this
- qanunqueer likes this
- itsindinotindie reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- therickymartin likes this
- natbeadickinson likes this
- letswakethesun reblogged this from mattyvogel and added:
- letswakethesun likes this
- failurebyxdesign likes this
- facevalueee reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- anemophobia44 likes this
- iamalexpereira reblogged this from manoverboard
- thecoolestsydontheblock reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- sami-danielle likes this
- manoverboard reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- oneofthefew likes this
- noelleroys likes this
- jesselaceysmiling likes this
- movingstandingstill likes this
- grby likes this
- awasteofatime reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- justtobe822 likes this
- bombandnormal likes this
- tarynnjanine reblogged this from propertyofzack
- reidd likes this
- zzarrillo reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- jonathandiener likes this
- sheffeyzphotoz reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- sheffeyzphotoz likes this
- myheartbeatsliketimpanidrums reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- lightundermyskin likes this
- chrissc85 likes this
- jrichmanesq likes this
- translatesarcastic likes this
- sotakecover reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- stealingsailboats reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- tu-carnala likes this
- rmaralit likes this
- itrulyonlywntyou likes this
- elener likes this
- propertyofzack likes this
- jrichmanesq reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- ahighlyclassifiedlie likes this
- the-walls-bled-lust said: Fantastic news guys!
- the-walls-bled-lust likes this
- propertyofzack posted this