POZ Stream|Interview: We Are The Union - I Want You To Hit Me As Hard As You Can
We Are The Union's new album, You Can’t Hide The Sun, is no longer coming out tomorrow on October 2nd, but don’t worry, PropertyOfZack has a stream of a brand new song and all the details on the delay. You Can’t Hide The Sun will now be coming out digitally on October 16th and on vinyl Novemebr 27th via our friends at Paper + Plastick Records. Stream a new song called “I Want You To Hit Me As Hard As You Can” and check out an interview with Reed Wolcott regarding the album delay and future plans below!
So, the albums no longer coming out tomorrow (on October 2nd). Can you go ahead and fill fans in on the delay?
We just wanted to avoid rushing the mixing and mastering process. We ended up spending a bit more time there than we had planned, but it was totally worth it. We could not be happier with how the record sounds.
Do you know the final release dates for both digital and physical mediums yet?
The digital release date is October 16th, physical street date is November 27th. Pre-orders will come with an instant digital download as well, so people will have an opportunity to digest the songs before they see us live on our upcoming album release tour.
How has it been working with Paper + Plastick Records through the issues?
They’ve been great, pitching in their opinions on mixes. It’s always nice to have an extra set of ears for mixing.
On a brighter note, what are you most looking forward to in terms of fans hearing the new record?
I think, mostly, I’m excited to play the songs live. I think all these songs are going to be total bangers and I’m hoping people will go fucking mental when we play them live. Lots of potential for singalongs, for sure.
How would you describe the progression from the Graveyard Grins EP and Great Leaps Forward?
Graveyard Grins was a teaser for this record, so you can expect more of that style for sure. The record as a whole is a lot poppier than Great Leaps Forward. We had kind of a “fuck choruses” approach to that record, whereas You Can’t Hide The Sun is aimed at sticking in your head.
The band is hitting the road for over a month in October and November. Are you guys stoked to start playing new songs on the road?
Yeah, absolutely. The setlist is pretty heavy on the new material. We’ve been playing Who We Are and Great Leaps Forward songs for so long, it’s time to change it up.
Are there plans in the works for more touring in December on early-2013 yet?
Nothing ready to announce yet, but we’re definitely going to be on the road a lot. We’re trying to get everywhere we can.
- milkysky reblogged this from propertyofzack
- shafiullah786 likes this
- idontknowwhattheinternetis reblogged this from propertyofzack
- jordanwaynelong likes this
- somethingconceptual reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- ifabearshungryhewilleat reblogged this from propertyofzack
- horriblesound likes this
- thoughtsfromthearmchair reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- wovens likes this
- coolbutlame reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- maletinabelcher likes this
- treasuresunknown reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- vodkaandpickles likes this
- longhurrrdontcurr likes this
- mymoustachebringsboystotheyard reblogged this from propertyofzack
- flintlocal432 reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- ridingthe4thwave likes this
- ljl-kjjbkbhib likes this
- watujim reblogged this from propertyofzack
- smikex13 reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- itsdanaeyo likes this
- seasonsstaythesame reblogged this from propertyofzack and added:
- tyler-mcmuffin reblogged this from propertyofzack
- propertyofzack posted this