PropertyOfZack is glad to be bringing you a brand new Track-By-Track from our good friends in With The Punches. With The Punches just released their brand new EP, It’s Not The End Of The World, this past Tuesday and it’s something you should pick up if you’ve yet to. Check out what Jesse Vadala, lead singer of the band, had to say about the meaning behind each track below!
1. Never Stop
The title is a pretty obvious (yet absurdly faster) nod to our old record and in particular the song “Keep It Going”. It’s not at all an attempt to rewrite what we’ve already done but just felt like the right way to bridge the gap. Last year was an emotional roller coaster ride for this band and at times it looked like everything was going to fall apart, luckily there’s no place for us to go and when one person started to slip the others made sure to be there to catch them. For the most part, we kept our mouths shut, opted for a middle finger and learned to take pride in the differences that make us who we are.
2. No…I Will Not Be Going to 80’s Night
Writing a pop punk record without a fair amount of songs about girls just seems like a terrible idea. With that said, my friends and I have all spent a fair share of time in places we probably shouldn’t. This song isn’t limited to one specific girl or a single trip to the bar. It’s much more about the aftermath and the shitty games that go along with it. Make people earn your trust.
3. No Blood, No Foul
This song has been waiting in the wings for a long time now and I’m so glad it came together the way it did. No Blood is about being your own worst critic and as a result, you’re never really satisfied. That kind of frustration feels like the difference between treading water and drowning.
4. Dead Weight
We’ve all been there, and we’re all guilty of it, against the advice of everyone who knows you best you fall for and defended a person who, at the end of the day is unworthy of your love. When it all finally goes to hell, there’s screaming, accusation, and enough shit talk from either side to make sure that no part of this is salvageable, which isn’t always a bad thing. Never let go of those in your life who can look you in the eye and tell you you’re wrong, everyone else is expendable.
5. Hulk Hands
“Every question weighs a ton. Is this so wrong that it can’t be undone?” 3 of 5 members were left staring at each other in our practice space after another frustrating attempt at keeping things together. This song means everything to us and felt like the best way to tie the record all together. We have never really kept secrets in this band so anyone following us heard about all our ups and downs. Never.Ever.Give.Up
- jakejawesome likes this
- withthepunchesny reblogged this from propertyofzack
- threephasestwoheartsonepassion reblogged this from purpleheartx and added:
- breaking-in-two reblogged this from propertyofzack
- breaking-in-two likes this
- purpleheartx reblogged this from propertyofzack
- brando-calrissian likes this
- hawk---eye likes this
- fuckyeahpop-punk reblogged this from propertyofzack
- fuckyeahpop-punk likes this
- thetruthoralie reblogged this from propertyofzack
- riznarocks reblogged this from propertyofzack
- xouttheeyez likes this
- therickymartin reblogged this from propertyofzack
- negative-violent reblogged this from propertyofzack
- nicholasjohnharrison reblogged this from propertyofzack
- maintainyourplace reblogged this from propertyofzack
- zbartnicki reblogged this from propertyofzack
- riznarocks likes this
- built-by-machines likes this
- jewfro likes this
- propertyofzack posted this