Anthony Green is in the studio with Will Yip recording his new Young Legs record. Check out a tweet from Yip and a Vine below after the jump.
- Fall Out Boy announced a reunion, album, and tour.
- Warped Tour announced its next seven bands.
- Brand New may be releasing new material this summer.
- Fall Out Boy will not do a Take This To Your Grave tour.
- Title Fight and Touché Amoré will be releasing a 7”.
- Skrillex and Anthony Green may be working on a screamo EP.
- The Story So Far released the first song off their new LP.
- Taking Back Sunday have begun writing new music.
- New Found Glory are demoing new songs.
- Max Bemis will be releasing a new Painful Splits record.
- Oli Sykes will be creating a graphic novel.
- Skate And Surf added 20 bands to their festival.
- My Bloody Valentine released their first LP in 21 years.
- fun.’s Some Nights went platinum in under a year.
- Reggie And The Full Effect may be making a comeback.
- Their / They’re / There will be releasing a RSD EP.
- The Postal Service announced their reunion tour dates.
- fun. and Tegan And Sara confirmed a summer tour.
- Today’s Mixtape Festival revealed more bands for their lineup.
- Against Me! began tracking their new record.
- Cobra Starship are working on a new album.
- Alkaline Trio confirmed their new album and release date.
- Simple Plan have begun writing their new EP.
- Tom DeLonge may be filming a UFO movie.
- Shone’s lineup was confirmed.
- The 2013 Warped Tour dates were revealed.
- blink-182 officially became an independent band.
- Rumors came and went regarding Fall Out Boy writing new music.
- This Time Next Year broke up.
- Every Avenue broke up.
- Set Your Goals lost their drummer of eight years.
- Fall Out Boy’s drummer joined a straight edge hardcore band.
- Pete Wentz’s book finally got a release date.
- The Postal Service are not recording a second album.
- Saves The Day may be releasing cover songs.
- Skate And Surf is returning in 2013.
- Say Anything will be releasing a pre-...Is A Real Boy box set.
- Jimmy Eat World are aiming for a mid-2013 release.
- Gunshots were fired at a BrokENCYDE show.
- Vinnie Caruana is pairing with Run For Cover/I Surrender for his solo EP.
- Sleeping With Sirens are recording their new album in January.
- Anthony Green suffered a broken rib during the Violent Waves Tour.
- We Are The In Crowd will begin writing in early-2013.
- Bring Me The Horizon confirmed their new album title.
- Streetlight Manifesto delayed their album until 2013.
- The Ghost Inside replied to Terror’s claims of the band being “bullshit.”
- Scott Wade is joining Comeback Kid for ten year shows.
- blink-182 will begin recording their new album in March.
Circa Survive were forced to cancel their show in Pontiac, MI last night due to Anthony Green suffering from a cracked rib. The band has confirmed that they will not be canceling the rest of their fall tour. Check out a statement from Circa below by clicking “Read More.”
Circa Survive Postpone Michigan Show Tonight
It’s time for The Weekly Tour Round-Up! There are a ton of great tours going on this fall and winter and more are getting announced each week. Below you’ll find all the tours going on over the next few months, with newly announced tours listed above previously announced tours. So check out all the tours if you’ve missed any of them and make sure to mark them down on your calendars!
Sparks The Rescue [10/19-10/28]
HRVRD, Junior Astronomers [11/03-11/15]
Trash Talk, MellowHype [11/09-11/20]
That’s Outrageous! [11/24-12/01]
Get Scared, Make Me Famous [11/24-12/16]
Like Moths To Flames, The Plot In You [11/30-12/09]
For All Those Sleeping, Close To Home [11/30-12/15]
Make Do And Mend, Seahaven, Young Statues [12/04-12/10]
Anthony Green, Geoff Rickly [12/05-12/16]
Underøath, mewithoutYou, As Cities Burn, letlive. [1/16-1/26]
Dead Sara, Muse [02/10-03/02]
United Kingdom|Mainland Europe
Such Gold, Daytrader, Funeral For A Friend [01/23-02/19]
Texas In July [12/01-12/03]
Previously Announced Tours:
- One Direction: We’re Like The Beatles
- The Ataris Release Statement; Band Claims Drummer Was Inebriated
- Underøath Confirm Farewell Tour; Release Song Clip
- Anthony Green, Geoff Rickly Solo Tour
- Man Overboard Free Acoustic Covers EP
- All Time Low Cover Eminem, Journey
- Transit Continue Writing New Music
- Green Day To Provide Soundtrack For CSI Episode
- All Time Low On Evolving From Pop-Punk
Those who claim that contemporary music is more formulaic than ever have it only half wrong. Yes, modern music is infected with regurgitated beats and cookie-cutter song structures optimized for greatest digestibility. Yet, this is certainly not a new phenomenon. Ever since music was made accessible (and, thereby, a viable business venture), the powers-that-be have pushed for a certain sound that sells. There is little room on the radio (or in movies, or on television, etc.) for experimentation, which is why prog-leaning post-hardcore quintet Circa Survive’s 2010 move to Atlantic Records was met with such confusion and trepidation.
Circa Survive’s major label release, Blue Sky Noise, though praised by critics for being a tighter (i.e. more accessible) offering, divided the Philadelphia-area band’s vast throng of fans. Some latched onto Circa’s new sound, one that moved away from the experimental nature of their two previous albums (2005’s Juturna and 2007’s On Letting Go), while others gasped at the “mainstreaming” of a band known for its lack thereof. Well, after one album, Circa Survive has moved on from Atlantic, and with the break, they have returned to their experimental roots on their fourth record, Violent Waves.
Violent Waves’ opener, “Birth of the Economic Hit Man” highlights Circa Survive’s return to writing sprawling soundscapes anchored by both noodling guitars and Green’s unmistakable, divisive voice. Clocking in at over seven minutes, “Birth of the Economic Hit Man” is certainly epic. The politicization of the Green’s lyrics is evident in both his song titles and his prose. “It’s not so important to collect as many coins,” Green lambasts greedy bankers, “from the fountain before your time has come. Our life is more than a side effect.”
Anthony Green recently performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC on July 8th. Check out his full acoustic set by clicking here.
Circa Survive have confirmed that their new album, Violent Waves, is being self-released by the band. Check out a message from the band below by clicking “Read More.”
Circa Survive will be releasing Violent Waves on August 28th. Download a new song called “Staircase” below by clicking “Read More!”