The Weekly Tour Round-Up
In Fear And Faith On Hans Zimmer
Behind The Booths
Never Shout Never - Ticket Giveaway [Ends on November 15th]
Daytrader Are Breaking Up
Mondays mean BandsOnBands, and we’re excited to be posting the PropertyOfZack feature today withRamin Niroomand of In Fear And Faith. The band just released their new self-titled album via Rise Records a few weeks ago, and it’s one of 2012’s best, so pick up a copy here.
In this week’s feature, Ramin dives into one of his favorite artists, Hans Zimmer. If you don’t know Zimmer, you’ve heard him. Zimmer has written great movie scores for films like Inception, The Dark Knight, and many more, and has certainly inspired Ramin in all forms of his musical life. Listen to select tracks from Hans Zimmer on Spotify here and check out what Ramin had to say about one of his biggest influences below!
From Ramin Niroomand of In Fear And Faith:
Inspiration can be drawn from so many places, regardless of the genre of
music that is being listened to or the sound that is being pursued. In
movies, music is used to accent and portray certain emotions to the
viewer…the music being scored can intensify a scene, create a haunting setting, even bring tears. One thing I’ve always wanted to pursue with our
music is to have the music itself help paint the picture of the song and
give it a distinct emotion. Our strings and piano specifically are used to
do this exact thing…to ideally bring chills to certain parts, intensify
layers, and build up to an epic conclusion.
For our new record, one of the biggest influences for me personally was Hans Zimmer…the brilliant mind behind the movie scores and soundtracks for movies like Inception, Dark Knight, Pirates Of The Caribbean, and many more. His chilling compositions have almost become an obsession for me, personally listening to both the Dark Knight & Inception Soundtracks hundreds of times start to finish. During pre production and writing, almost all I listened to was those two soundtracks for inspiration for the piano and string layers on our album.
- Ronnie Radke Kicks Fans Out Of Shows For I See Stars Chants
- blink-182 To Begin Recording Music This Week
- Underøath Stream New Song “ Unsound”
- I See Stars, Sumerian Release Statement; Claim Band Gave Up Guarantee To Stay On Tour
- I See Stars Release Statement On Tour Removal; Claim Radke’s Statements Are False
- In Fear And Faith Attacked On Side Of The Road; Guitarist Suffered Broken Nose
- The Word Alive Release Kanye West Cover
- Kevin Devine To Donate % Of NYC Show To Hurricane Relief
- Before Their Eyes Calling It Quits In 2013
- All Time Low Add The Summer Set To UK Tour
- Perma Continue Writing New Music
- Yellowcard Cover Mumford & Sons’ “I Will Wait”
- No Doubt Remove Music Video For Offensive Native American Themes
- Suicide Silence To Launch T-Shirt For Donation Fund; Warn Fans Not To Buy Bootlegs
In Fear And Faith were travelling through Texas yesterday and ran out of gas mid-way through their drive. Several band members went on a walk to try to find a gas station when a driver tried to run them down in the emergency lane, and once again tried to run them over following his first miss. The driver then apparently removed himself from his car and got into a physical altercation with members of the band, which resulted in guitarist Ramin Niroomand getting a broken nose. You can check out a message from Niroomand below by clicking “Read More.”